Ulum al Qur'an
Why was no Book left by the Prophet?
The Prophet Muhammad did not present to his Companions the revelation
collected and arranged in a single written volume. There are a number of good reasons for
- Because the revelation did not come down in one piece, but
at intervals and was received continuously until the end of the Prophet's life.
- Because some verses were abrogated in the course of
revelation, and therefore flexibility needed to be maintained.
- The ayat and suras were not always revealed in their final
order, but were arranged later.
- The Prophet lived only nine days after the last revelation
and was severely ill.
- There was no dispute or friction about the Qur'an during the
time of the Prophet, as developed afterwards when he, as the final authority, was no